Education & Training
School/Class Field Trips
Get help setting up and implementing field trips to make your class excursions into “Field Experiences.” Ranger Roy’s knowledge and experience of local attractions, agencies, and other educators will simplify your group experience to make it memorable.
Capitalize on over 30 years’ experience by inviting Ranger Roy to work with and/or visit your site to assess programs, make recommendations, and provide applicable resources and training.
Ranger Roy offers a variety of different workshops and student/educator/teacher training, (locally or at your site, school, park, natural area, etc.), ranging from an hour, all-day, or week-long, including:
- Sharing Nature with Children
- Certified Interpretive Guide, National Association of Interpretation (NAI)
- Environmental Education/Interpretive Skills
- Outdoor School / Camp Counselor Training
- Field Experiences
- Folk dancing and sacred dancing
- Custom: tailored for your group and specific needs
Augment your field trip with a campfire program, environmental education songs, drumming (make an Irish ‘Bodhran’ using pizza boxes), Taize chanting, circle/folk dancing, or get recommendations/contacts for special event music (including Irish/bluegrass, barbershop, harpist, drumming, Native American flute, etc.)
* Ranger Roy is willing to travel to your site whether it is local/Oregon, in the USA, or Internationally. Pro-bono or reduced rates may be available in lieu of travel expenses and accommodation.
Ranger Roy Simpson receiving BLM’s Gold Award in 2014.
Ranger Roy with his guitar leading a class of students.